Several Triangle farmers’ markets host special pre-Thanksgiving markets featuring local produce, meats, cheeses, breads and other artisan goods for the holiday, encouraging shoppers to “Make it a Local Thanksgiving!”
On Tuesday, November 24th, farmers’ markets across the Triangle will host special pre-Thanksgiving markets, stocked with everything shoppers need for a seasonal feast! Several of these markets will also be open as usual on Saturday, November 21st, for shoppers wanting to stock up early. Visit https://trianglefarmersmarkets.wordpress.com for information on specific market hours, pre-order information, local recipes, and much more!
Shoppers will find sweet potatoes, salad greens, broccoli, turnips, radishes, collards, kale, winter squashes, beets, and much more at market. Several vendors are taking pre-orders for locally raised turkeys and ducks, and there’s also a great selection of chicken, pork, beef and lamb. Don’t forget homemade artisan breads, tasty pies and cakes, goat and cow cheeses, and homemade granola, jams, jellies, pickles, and hot sauces.
The following Triangle markets are looking forward to satisfying Turkey Day needs!
- Carrboro Farmers’ Market (Sat, Nov. 21 and Tuesday, Nov. 24)
- Chapel Hill Farmers’ Market (Saturday, Nov 21. and Tuesday, Nov. 24)
- Chatham Mills Farmers’ Market (Sat, Nov 21. and Wednesday, Nov. 25)
- Durham Farmers’ Market (Saturday, Nov 21. and Tuesday, Nov. 24)
- Fearrington Farmers’ Market (Tuesday, Nov. 24)
- Midtown Farmers’ Market (Saturday, Nov. 21)
- South Durham Farmers’ Market (Saturday, Nov 21. and Tuesday, Nov. 24)
- Western Wake Farmers’ Market in Cary (Saturday, Nov 21. and Tuesday, Nov. 24)
Visit https://trianglefarmersmarkets.wordpress.com for more information and holiday recipe ideas!